Multymeter.com –The Ehang 216-S is a flying taxi that received certification to carry passengers for the first time in the world. The Type Certificate was officially issued by the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC).
This certification of the Ehang 216-S brought to Indonesia by Prestige Aviation shows that the design of the Ehang 216-S model meets the safety standards and airworthiness requirements of the CAAC. This means that this flying taxi meets the requirements for commercial passenger operations.
The Ehang 216-S is the first electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) unmanned aircraft to receive this certification. This certification not only sets the benchmark for innovative eVTOL airworthiness certification in China and abroad, but also constitutes a historic milestone for UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) operations.
The following are the specifications of the Ehang 216-S flying taxi:
○ Capacity: 2 persons + 240 kg of cargo
○ Dimensions: 6.9 x 2.6 x 2.9 meters
○ Weight: 420 kilograms
○ Engines: 16 electric motors, each with an output of 15 kW.
○ Battery: 100 kWh
○ Maximum speed: 130 km/h
○ Mileage: 30 kilometres
○ Control system: Autonomous
The Ehang 216-S is an autonomous aerial vehicle (UAV) equipped with 16 electric motors. This flying taxi can fly at a maximum speed of 130 kilometres per hour and cover a distance of 30 kilometres. The Ehang 216-S is capable of carrying two people and cargo weighing up to 240 kilograms.
The Ehang 216-S received type certification from the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) on 13 October 2023. This certification indicates that the Ehang 216-S complies with CAAC safety standards and airworthiness requirements.
• These are some of the key features of the Ehang 216-S:
○ Autonomous: The Ehang 216-S is fully autonomous, so no pilot is required.
○ Safe: The Ehang 216-S is equipped with several safety features, including an emergency landing system.
○ Environmentally friendly: The Ehang 216-S uses electric power, making it more environmentally friendly than motorised vehicles.
It is expected that the Ehang 216-S can be a new, more efficient and environmentally friendly transport solution.***