Multymeter.com – Amazon manufactures tablets because it sees a huge market potential for these devices. Tablets offer a variety of attractive features and benefits for consumers, including:
- Portability: Tablets are more portable than laptops or desktops, making them easy to take anywhere.
2. Convenience: Tablets are more comfortable to use for a variety of activities, such as reading, watching videos and playing games.
3. Value: Tablets are often more affordable than laptops or desktops.
Amazon wants to tap into this market potential by offering affordable, quality tablets. The Amazon Fire HD tablet is designed to meet the needs of consumers looking for an affordable, easy-to-use tablet.
Here are some specific reasons why Amazon makes tablets:
- To compete with Apple and Google: Apple and Google are the two largest tech companies in the world that offer popular tablets, namely the iPad and Pixel Slate. Amazon wants to compete with these companies and offer a more affordable alternative.
- To drive sales of digital content: Amazon is one of the world’s largest e-commerce companies. Tablets can be used to consume digital content such as books, movies and music. Amazon hopes that the Amazon Fire HD tablet can drive sales of its digital content.
- To enhance the Amazon Prime service: Amazon Prime is a subscription service that offers a variety of benefits, including free two-day shipping, video streaming and music streaming. Amazon expects the Amazon Fire HD tablet to increase the appeal of its Amazon Prime service. Amazon’s tablet strategy seems to have worked. The Amazon Fire HD tablet has become one of the world’s best-selling tablets.
Amazon announced on 26 July 2023 that it will launch the Fire HD 11 Plus and Fire HD 10 Plus tablets in September 2023. Both tablets will have a number of improvements over previous models, including:
- The 11-inch and 10.1-inch screens are brighter and sharper
- Faster MediaTek Helio G90T chip
- 4GB of RAM for smoother performance
- 64GB or 128GB internal storage
- 15W charging support
The Fire HD 11 Plus will have an 11-inch display with a resolution of 2,304 x 1,200 pixels. This tablet will feature a MediaTek Helio G90T chip, 4GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. The Fire HD 11 Plus will have a 7,040 mAh battery that is claimed to last up to 12 hours of video usage.
The Fire HD 10 Plus will have a 10.1-inch display with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 pixels. This tablet will feature a MediaTek Helio G90T chip, 4GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. The Fire HD 10 Plus will have a 7,000 mAh battery that is claimed to last up to 11 hours of video usage.
Both of these tablets will run the Fire OS 8 operating system, which is based on Android. This tablet will be available in black, blue and white. Pricing has not been announced, but is expected to start at $199.99.***